It never ends, *patriot player caught lying about injury
Patriot* Video Services
2016-01-20 21:09:05 UTC
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots reserve linebacker Darius
Fleming played in Saturday's divisional-round win over the Kansas City
Chiefs with 22 stitches in his right leg, saying it was a result of
rescuing a woman from a smoking car a mile away from Gillette Stadium two
days earlier.

Fleming, a fourth-year player out of Notre Dame, drew a large media crowd
in the locker room Wednesday as word of his story became public through
the Facebook page of his high school.

The 26-year-old Fleming said a large truck made an unexpected right turn
on Route 1 while he was driving away from Gillette Stadium, which he said
led to three cars colliding in front of his vehicle.

Law enforcement officials -- including the Foxborough Police Department,
the Wrentham Police Department, the Norfolk Police Department and the
Massachusetts State Police -- told ESPN on Wednesday that they have no
record of any such incident last Thursday on Route 1.

"I was about to go around it, but I noticed the lady in front of me, she
kind of was jumping around the car, passenger seat, back seat, and I
noticed smoke building up inside the car," Fleming recalled. "I tried to
open the doors and it wouldn't work. So then I was just like, 'I have to
get her out of here. I don't know if this lady can breathe or what.'

"I started banging on the window. It wouldn't break. So then I started to
kick in the window and eventually it broke."

Fleming said it took three kicks of the window before it broke. After
ensuring the passenger was OK, Fleming said he returned to the stadium for
a bandage before going to the hospital for X-rays and 22 stitches.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14611083/new-england-patriots-lb-darius-
fleming-says-rescued-woman-car-accident

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
euphemism
Something or someone was smoking.
Robert Jones
2016-01-21 06:26:02 UTC
[...]
This was the lead story on the Boston area TV news stories. They
interviewed Fleming, the woman who was rescued (whose identity was not
shown), witnesses, as well as the Chief of Police of the Walpole Police,
in whose town the incident took place. I think it happened.
Sarah Ehrett
2016-01-21 18:31:19 UTC
On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 21:09:05 +0000 (UTC), "Patriot* Video Services"
Post by Patriot* Video Services
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots reserve linebacker Darius
Fleming played in Saturday's divisional-round win over the Kansas City
Chiefs with 22 stitches in his right leg, saying it was a result of
rescuing a woman from a smoking car a mile away from Gillette Stadium two
days earlier.
<snip>
Post by Patriot* Video Services
Law enforcement officials -- including the Foxborough Police Department,
the Wrentham Police Department, the Norfolk Police Department
Maybe ESPN should have checked with the WOBURN PD where the accident
occurred.
Post by Patriot* Video Services
and the Massachusetts State Police -- told ESPN on Wednesday that they have no
record of any such incident last Thursday on Route 1.
Route 1 is a town road. The Massachusetts State Police don't patrol
town roads.

Look at your cite AGAIN. Look in the mirror and see who the liar.
None
2016-01-28 23:12:37 UTC
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Maybe ESPN should have checked with the WOBURN PD where the accident
occurred.
Post by Patriot* Video Services
and the Massachusetts State Police -- told ESPN on Wednesday that they have no
record of any such incident last Thursday on Route 1.
Route 1 is a town road. The Massachusetts State Police don't patrol
town roads.
Look at your cite AGAIN. Look in the mirror and see who the liar.
Look in your own mirror, sunshine. The accident happened in the town
of Walpole, nowhere near Woburn, which is not on Route 1. And Route 1
is a state road, which town police patrol in addition to the state
police. Have you ever considered getting ANY of your "facts" right?
Henry Stevens
2016-01-29 09:21:57 UTC
Post by None
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Maybe ESPN should have checked with the WOBURN PD where the accident
occurred.
Post by Patriot* Video Services
and the Massachusetts State Police -- told ESPN on Wednesday that they have no
record of any such incident last Thursday on Route 1.
Route 1 is a town road. The Massachusetts State Police don't patrol
town roads.
Look at your cite AGAIN. Look in the mirror and see who the liar.
Look in your own mirror, sunshine. The accident happened in the town
of Walpole, nowhere near Woburn, which is not on Route 1. And Route 1
is a state road, which town police patrol in addition to the state
police. Have you ever considered getting ANY of your "facts" right?
What is it with football players having to fib? Is it a steroid
thing?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-josh-shaw-plaschke-
20141113-column.html

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-
manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

Bette Callaghan
2016-01-25 16:07:30 UTC
You're right! It never ends. The accident happened in the small town of
Walpole, which is north of Foxboro. So it would not be in the Foxboro Police
record. Nor would it be in the Wrentham Police record as Wrentham is south
of Foxboro. Nor would it be on the State Police record because if you call
911 from route 1 in Walpole, you would get the local Walpole Police. Which
is where the record is found. The woman even mentions that a Patriot player
came to her aid. But yeah, it never ends...

Bettina